Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hagen Troy Tan 陳孟奇/ CH8《万福楼》Bountiful Blessings

I've heard of Hagen Troy before, but never really went to listen to his music 'cus I dislike it when some companies do too much advertising for 'new' & local artistes... you know, those kind who don't break into the Taiwan music industry & are just doing it in Singapore that kinda thing... and where the music videos/photoshoots are just the simple, lower budget kind...

But. Recently while watching Bountiful Blessings 《万福楼》 on Channel 8, I found myself so hooked onto Hagen Troy's songs - he has a great voice, composes catchy songs, and looks quite ok, maybe even above average... I think that many companies are very smart - or if you really want to get down to it, 'sly' - when it comes to advertising, and it's even 'better' if you join hands with Mediacorp, cus u get lots and lots of advertising done; and it's just so clever of them to use Hagen's songs for the WHOLE of the Bountiful Blessings OST..... Like what the Taiwanese did with Autumn's Concerto or what CH8 did for 'Pai Mai', too.

So whether or not it's subconsciously or not, you listen to Hagen Troy's songs over and over again. And guess what, I like it. And so I subscribed to his Youtube channel - showing my first very very sincere and true support for homegrown singers who, like I said, are kind of only based in Singapore that kind... Advertising is really a very powerful thing, and I truly believe, based on how you do it, it's actually.... a form of art, yi men xue wen. No, really.

Okay, enough talking. I know I'm long-winded xD After all that I've said, it's time for you to hear the magic of his songs and you'll understand what I mean. :)

第一次我


I Believe In You


Like his songs, too? Subscribe here to his Youtube vids/just go to listen to more of his vids! This is his official Youtube page ;)


-LYRICS to 第一次我-

有些時候一個人沿着陌生的路
有些害怕 卻又渴望發現新事物
生命是本書 有些字草被淚水模糊
那是記憶的墳墓 需要勇氣去修復
第一次我 愛上孤單 讓時間 還 原到最初
第一次我 將愛遠遠放逐 重劃一張地圖
第一次我 清清楚楚 看見心里長一顆 堅強 的樹
將破曉的天空大力 撐住
第一次我
十字路口 自由的走 找一個出口
沒有對錯 應該 將風景全都看透
可惜你和我 被 現 實左右 唐突的結果
到了世界的 盡頭 無法 甦醒 的惡夢
第一次我 愛上孤單 讓時間 還 原到最初
第一次我 將愛遠遠放逐 重劃一張地圖
第一次我 清清楚楚 看見心里長一顆 堅強 的樹
濃霧 背後 我發現新的路
每個人的選擇都不同
你不能怪我太自我
也許此刻我不想躲
只想證明自罪過
就算我 承 受 一百年的寂寞
至少我誠實 過
第一次我 愛上孤單 讓時間 還 原到最初
第一次我 將愛遠遠放逐 重劃一張地圖
第一次我 清清楚楚 看見心里長一顆 堅強 的樹
等待 走出一個新的國度
第一次我






No comments:

Post a Comment